Cilantro can be used as a garnish, but is also a great way to add delicious flavor to your meats. Try this simple cilantro beef stir fry recipe with a trio of delicious vegetables. See printable recipe below the pictures.
Prep all your ingredients before beginning. Once you start stir frying, you won’t have time to chop. If needed, check out these links ahead of time to learn how to Julienne a bell pepper and how to prepare snow peas for cooking.
Tip for crisp vegetables: Once you are done, do not cover your stir fry while it is hot. This will cause the vegetables to release more water and become soft.
- 1 lb. taco meat, stir fry beef or your choice of beef cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 heaping cups of snow peas prepared for cooking
- 1 heaping cup oyster mushrooms, cleaned
- ½ bunch of washed cilantro – chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion or ½ large (white or sweet red), chopped
- 2 table-spoons of cooking oil
- 1 tea-spoon chopped ginger
- 1 tea-spoon crushed garlic (about 4 cloves)
- ½ cup of water
- 1 table-spoon soy sauce
- ½ tea-spoon salt
- ½ tea-spoon sesame oil
- On a wok or large frying pan, add half the oil (1 table-spoon) and allow to warm up while cooking on high.
- Add half the garlic and ginger, stir and quickly add the beef.
- Stir the beef for a minute and add the onions.
- Stir for an additional minute and add the cilantro.
- Stir continuously until beef is no longer pink.
- Pour the beef on a serving dish and get ready to cook the vegetables.
- Using the same pan, add the rest of the oil, garlic and ginger.
- Stir and quickly add the snow peas and ½ cup of water. Cover for two minutes.
- Stir and add the peppers and mushrooms. Cover again for two more minutes.
- Add the beef back in stir frying for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce and salt, taste and add more salt if needed. Turn off and serve.
- Serve with plain rice, quinoa or your favorite grain.
- Tip: do not cover your cilantro beef stir fry while it is hot. This will cause the vegetables to release water, become soft and you will end up with a soupy-looking stir fry.