Tofu and vegetables in black bean sauce
This recipe for tofu and vegetables in black bean sauce includes sliced carrots, soy bean sprouts and green onions. Easy print recipe included.
Black bean sauce is one of my favorite condiments in Chinese cuisine. The earthy taste of the salted black beans and the rice wine add savory flavor to your meals. Black bean sauce can be found at most Asian markets and specialty food stores.
- 1 tub of medium to firm tofu
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 big or two medium carrots
- 1 bunch green onions
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (peanut oil works great for stir-frying)
- 1 table spoon black bean sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Cube tofu as you normally would. I like to cut mine in 1 inch thick by 3 inches long.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, as you would for a scramble.
- Slice the carrots thinly (about ⅙ of an inch thick).
- Chop green onions into 1 inch slices.
- Add half the oil to the pan and allow it to heat on high.
- Add the cubed tofu and allow it to fry for half a minute of each side.
- Add the soy sauce to the tofu. Stir and set on a plate.
- Scramble the eggs in the unwashed pan and quickly set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Add the carrots, the two tablespoons of water and the bean sprouts. Cover for three minutes.
- Uncover the pan. Add the salt and stir the vegetables. If they are not as soft as you would like, cover again for another minute.
- Uncover. Add the tofu and egg back into the pan, along with the green onions and the black bean sauce. Stir on high for another minute.
- Serve over plain rice.
Tofu vegetables black bean sauce. See more Food bites.Follow me on social media - Sígueme en las redes