A popular tapas and dim sum dish, bible tripe can also be prepared with vegetables for a hearty meal.
Braised bible tripe with vegetables
Recipe type: Main
- 2 lbs. cleaned bible tripe
- 10 Trader Joe's tiny potatoes or 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots
- ½ large onion
- ½ bunch of fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic or 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup of water
- Cut the tiny potatoes in half or cube the medium potatoes. Slice the carrot and chop the onion. Chop the tomatoes in 1x1 inch cubes.
- On a medium sauce pan, add half of the olive oil. Allow to warm on medium heat and add the onions.
- Add the bible tripe and stir.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, the butter, the remaining oil and the water. Cover for 5 more minutes.
- Add the carrots and cover for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and cilantro and stir.
- Allow to simmer uncovered for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve alone or with plain rice.