If you like mapo tofu, but wish you didn’t have to cook an additional dish to get your vegetables, here’s my original recipe for mapo tofu raimbow. Eat up!
Mapo Tofu Raimbow
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 pack silken (soft) tofu, cut into ½ inch squares
- 1 bunch garlic shoots, approximately 20
- 4 medium tomatoes cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon Minced fresh ginger
- 1 tea-spoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium jalapeno or other small hot pepper, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tea-spoon corn starch
- 1 tea-spoon sesame oil
- 1 tea-spoon brown sugar (1/2 tea-spoon if using refined sugar)
- ½ tea-spoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a medium sauce pan, heat up the oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic and sliced pepper and stir.
- Quickly after, add the pork. Stir-fry until it is no longer pink.
- Add salt, the tofu, tomatoes, corn starch, brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir.
- Cover and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic shoots and sesame oil.
- Stir and cover for another two minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
You can find most of the ingredients needed for this dish at your local Asian market or specialty food store.
Mapo tofu raimbow. See more Food bites.