This is a vegetarian recipe for oyster mushroom stir fry. Serve with your favorite protein, and/or grain. Easy print recipe.
I am a big fan of mushrooms. Oyster mushrooms are great because they cook quickly and evenly. Their earthy taste makes them a good choice for stir fry when combined with small amounts of ginger, garlic or soy sauce.
- 2 cups of oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 big or 2 medium size potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Clean and cut the mushrooms as needed. Julienne the bell pepper and slice the potatoes thinly as seen in the picture. Crush and chop the garlic, as well as the cilantro.
- On a wok or big frying pan, add the oil and allow to heat on high.
- Add the garlic and quickly stir, immediately adding the carrots and potatoes.
- Add the water, stir and cover for 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers and the oyster mushrooms and stir for one to two more minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the soy sauce and stir. Taste the vegetables and add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Right before serving, add the cilantro.