This baby octopus and squid stir fry recipe includes bell peppers and thinly sliced carrots, in a creamy ginger and garlic sauce.
Before you are ready to stir fry the seafood, you will need to prepare the baby octopus for cooking. Here is a link to my short video showing you how to do it.
- 1 lb. of baby octopus
- 1 lb. of squid
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 medium to large carrots
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 4 cups of water
- Clean and prepare the baby octopus. Clean and slice the squid vertically (the opposite of what you would do if you wanted rings).
- Slice the carrots thinly (about ⅛ of an inch thick). Julienne the bell peppers. Grate the ginger and crush the garlic.
- On a sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil and add the seafood. Allow to sit in the hot water for three minutes. Drain and set aside.
- On a large frying pan or wok, add the oil and allow it to heat on high.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir quickly. Immediately add the carrots and stir for one minute.
- Add the bell peppers and continue to stir for two minutes, until carrots and peppers are soft but still crisp.
- Add the seafood, the soy sauce and the salt.
- Sprinkle the starch and stir, mixing vegetables and seafood for one to two additional minutes.
- Serve with plain rice.
Follow me on social media - Sígueme en las redes