This recipe was inspired by the exotic flavors in Chinese beef jerky, which my mother in law makes from time to time. The enticing tastes and aromas of anise seed and sesame oil combine with the beef to delight your palate in this sirloin tip roast recipe.
Get your slow-cooker ready. One of my favorites!
- 3 lbs. sirloin tip roast
- 2 table-spoons of rice cooking wine
- 1 table-spoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 6 start anise
- ½ tea-spoon of ginger powder
- Optional: vegetables of your choice.
- Place the sirloin tip roast on the slow cooker pot.
- Slowly add all the ingredients, starting with the liquids and distributing them all over the roast.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After the first 4 hours, taste the meat. If cooking with vegetables, add them at this point.
- No need to add water. After tasting the meat, add more of the ingredients in small increments, to suit your taste.
- Serve with vegetables or over plain rice. Enjoy!
Chinese-inspired sirloin tip roast. See more Food bites.